The Founding Team
Pekka Nuikki / Editor-in-Chief
Founder of the FINE publications and Tastingbook
- Editor in Chief (2007–); FINE The Wine Magazine, European FINE Wine Magazine, FINE The American Wine Magazine, FINE Viini&Ruoka, Tastingbook Viini&Ruoka, FINE - Das Wein Magazin, FINEST Wines Magazine, Wine and Champagne India, Champagne Magazine, Wine and Champagne Australia
- One of the few living people who have tasted all the best wines in the world.
- Has arranged over 500 wine events around the world during 1989–2016.
- Wine Author 2002– : In Vino Veritas II- Collecting Fine and Rare Wines (2016), Drinking History II (2015), Champagne – 100 Best Champagnes (2014), Wines of the Century (2013), Best Wines in Finland (2010, 2011, 2012), The 100 Best German Wines (2010), Black & White Wine Stories (2010), The Art and Wines of Château Mouton Rorthschild (2009), Wine Sight Bordeaux (2008), The Wine Views II (2008), Colour of the Wines (2008), The 1000 Finest Wines Ever Made (2007), The Wine Views I (2007), Drinking History I (2006), In Vino Veritas (2003)
- Author 1993–: iPeople (2017), 250km/h (2016), 300km/h (2014), Inside World (2004), Eye of the Vision Colour (2004), Travelling without moving (1999), Yey of the Vision B&W (1997), At the End of the Day (1996), House of Common Sense (1995), Human Trip (1994), Museum of Mankind (1993)
- Artist 1990–: Dozens of private exhibitions around the world during the past twenty years, including in Finland, Germany, Austria, France, UK, United States, India, Hong Kong.
- Creative Director 1996–2007: Creative Director and Partner at Konsepti Advertising. Among other merits, the agency was the most profitable one in Finland in 1997, 1998 and 1999. More than 100 prizes for creative work, e.g. Gold Clio Awards, L.I.A. Gold and Platinum Awards, Epica Gold Awards, Kodak Pro Prize, Montreux Film Festival Golden Palm, Dialogue Grand Prix.
- Photographer 1985–1996: Fashion and advertising photographer for the world’s biggest brands. Photo shoots in more than 100 countries. More than 50 prizes for photography.
- In addition, a teacher in schools such as the University of Art and Design Helsinki and the London College of Art; studies in art history at the University of London and film directing at the British Film Institute. Nuikki has also owned several art galleries and arranged exhibitions for hundreds of artists. As a shareholder and chairman of the board, he has also been involved in building the Scandinavian countries’ first Art Hotel in Helsinki. Nuikki has also been involved in numerous wine investment companies. He has acted as a consultant for wine funds in Germany and China, written the first book in Europe on wine investments and published a magazine on wine investing.
He is also the founder of BWW -Best Wine of the World-competition, 250kmh.com, FWS - Fine Wine Society and NWA - Nordic Web Awareds. Nuikki is also an excellent tennis and badminton player. He has a black belt in kendo and has 7 holes-in-one in golf.
- His wife is the pianist Tuula Hällström, and they have four children.